How to Create a Perimeter Around Your Home and Yard to Keep Pests Away
Did you know that Ohio is home to more than 300 species of insects, spiders, and other creepy bugs? Many species of insects are beneficial to humans, pollinating our food crops or eating destructive insects. Even though they are important members of the ecosystem, when insects move into our homes they become pests that can cause damage and spread illnesses. That’s why it’s so important to do everything you can to keep pests at bay by creating a bug-proof perimeter.
Ants, spiders, bees and wasps, and other pests are all unique but they do have certain things in common. The most important of which is the need for food, water, and shelter. These basic needs drive every aspect of an insect’s life and they are also a clue to managing their numbers. Here are some easy ways to minimize the number of insects that live in your yard and garden:
- Clean Up Standing Water – Be diligent about emptying containers such as buckets, plant pots, unused pools, etc. Stagnant water can attract all kinds of pests to your yard that are looking for a drink or a place to lay their eggs.
- Maintain Your Foliage – Many of the pest species in Ohio like to hide in shady, cool areas of your yard such as around brush piles and dead plants. Be sure to keep flower beds and gardens clear of dead plants and debris. Never leave piles of plant material, branches, or other debris lying about.
- Manage Your Trash – It’s no secret that hungry insects are attracted to rotting food and other trash. Avoid an infestation by keeping the area around your trash can clean, seal up bags, and keep the lid on tight. Occasionally, it’s also a good idea to wash the trash bin.
- Clean Up After Pets – Another thing that attracts insects to your property may be your pets. It’s a very good idea to clean up every time your dog goes potty to keep insects from being attracted to it. Use a trash can with a tight-closing lid and be sure there’s a bag inside you can seal.
- Choose Your Plants – When thinking about new plants for your yard and garden, remember that insects generally don’t like things with strong smells. Rosemary, mint, basil, and lavender are just a few examples of plants you’ll love that can actually send bugs packing.
Get Professional Help for Pest Control Problems
Sometimes it’s impossible to manage a pest problem on your own. Even after employing all of the techniques above, you could still end up with pests in your yard and home. Instead of giving in and accepting your fate, it’s a good idea to consult a pest control expert for help. If you’re in or around Perrysville, Ohio, rely on the pest control experts at Lu-Crest Pest Control. Our approach is unique and our results are proven.
We understand that it’s embarrassing and unnerving to deal with an insect infestation. But, don’t worry, we’ve seen it all and we know exactly what to do to keep pests away from your family. Our pest control services include treatments for bees and wasps, cockroaches, spiders, bed bugs, ants, termites, as well as rodents.
- Our primary pest control weapon is a water based formula called Demand CS. It has a very low odor and won’t stain building materials. Perhaps the best part about Demand CS is that it’s highly effective at killing insects, yet is safe for people, pets, and plants.
- Perimeter pest control treatments are, in our opinion, the best way to treat pests and to keep them at bay. We offer three unique tiers of service to suit your individual needs. Whether you need semi-annual, quarterly, or annual treatments, we’ll work with you.
- Our treatments don’t stop on the outside of your home. We’ll also thoroughly treat your home’s interior to ensure that no pests take up residence inside. We’ll use great care and caution as we work to ensure the safety of your family and home.
Is Something Bugging You?
You and your family deserve to live in a home that’s pest-free and safe. When you partner with Lu-Crest Pest Control, you can rest easy that you won’t be invaded by ants, spiders, cockroaches, bed bugs or termites. At the same time, you know that we’re just as concerned about your family’s safety as we are about getting rid of the pests. Call us at (419) 938-8533 or use our contact form to schedule an appointment for pest control services in Perrysville or the surrounding areas today.